Monday, March 7, 2011

Blank Blooming Blog

One of the things I have learned in this pilgrim journey is that there are times when it is critical to "Be still."  I do not do that very well.  In fact, I am far better at going 100 mph until I crash.  I overload my schedule or bite off more than I can chew. I knowingly burn the candle at both ends. I will let my enthusiasm for life and ministry write checks that my body cannot cash. 

That has happened this last week.  I have more on my to do list than there are hours in the day to even begin to accomplish.  I have been trying to get to the blog for several days now.  Things like sermons, Bible studies, homework, housework , and a zillion other things have managed to push the blogging aside.

Suddenly, I find myself 3 days from Ash Wednesday with homework and a paper due for a class I am taking, three sermons to compose, and daily Lenten e-mail devotions to compose.  My burning candle has met itself in the middle.

My normal default position would be to get terribly cranky, skip sleep, make everyone around me miserable, and get it all finished.  This time, I am taking a different - more faithful approach.  Do what must be done - one day at a time. 

That means my spiritual pondering will stay safely in my heart and head for a few more days while I honor my commitments, my relationship with my family, and my relationship with my Creator - being a good steward of the body and the time I have been given.

You can look for another blog entry sometime after this Friday, 11 March 2011. 

Until then - keep blooming.  The Spirit will be at work in and around us.

Catch you soon -
PK

No comments:

Post a Comment